Located on the near north-side, the Capuchin Order’s St. Francis of Assisi Parish is one of Milwaukee’s oldest parishes. The oldest portion of the friary was constructed in 1869 and the church construction began in 1876.
The province retained MKB Architects to complete a master plan of the property. Through consultation with members of the community, a long-range program of space needs was established and a phased Master Plan developed. Currently MKB is working with St. Francis Parish on a new 16,200 sq ft parish center and a renovation of the 38,000 sq ft historic monastery, both of which are currently under construction.